Gimbal

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Martyn_C, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Martyn_C

Martyn_C New Member

Hi,

does anybody have a recommendation for a light weight gimbal to use with the SJ7 Star?
    Will use predominately for snowboarding.

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

That's one item that,s missing from the mount collection. Building a collection of arms to get the same effect is... Not Good.

3. Martyn_C

Martyn_C New Member

If anybody is interested; I have just bought the Feiyu Tech WG2 gimbal. First impressions are good and the camera (without water proof case) fits nicely.

The camera with water proof case does not fit directly, I think I can attach the case directly to the gimbal. There is a video on youtube that explains how to do this for the goPro and I should be able to do something similar with the SJ7. Will need to buy a second case to try as it will involve screwing the gimbal to the back of the case. The case will likely not be fully water proof after this but I want this for snowboarding rather than full water proof protection so should be OK.

I am taking the camera and gimbal to Okinawa at the weekend for a first proper try. Will try to give a more comprehensive opinion after I get back.

4. Dudenow12

Dudenow12 New Member

I'm interested in hearing how that gimbal works for you. I also use my SJ7 for snowboarding videos and am thinking about getting a gimbal for next season.

Any reason you went with the WG2 over a handheld one like the G5? Are you planning on mounting it to your helmet or board? I'd be worried that it would get destroyed when I fall.