FW 1.3.0 bugs

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by gabo, Jan 21, 2019.

1. lehella

lehella New Member

Hello,
    i've power on problems on my three months old camera. It started after when i didn't use it for some weeks and i wasn't able to turn on. I changed the battery to another and it was ok, i thought that the battery was empty. When i switched off the camera after it it didn't turned on. I noticed that i need to get off the battery for 5-10 seconds to be able to turn on the camera. My experience is when i make a hard reset with getting of the battery for a night and make a hard reset i can turn it on several times, make photos. But when i make some videos, the power on problem occurs again. First i've noticed it with firmware version 1.3 but i tried it with 1.2.4, 1.2.9 too. I tried with different batteries and memory cards. Is it possible to make a firmware fix to this error again? I created a ticket for this topic too: 41242

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

?? I haven't seen frame loss since an early fw. rev. for the SJ7. Even then, I could get past it.

The sound source, if it's being recorded internally, would have the same 1 frame dropout. If it's being recorded externally, I understand how the audio will be 1 frame "faster" than the video. Without some investigation, my quick answers are to look for something the audio track for clip #2 can be synced to. Resync and combine the clips. Depending on the audio, the lost frame may be undetectable. Or... duplicate the last video frame in clip #1 to keep the audio in sync. Or duplicate the first frame in clip #2, but duplicating clip #1 will probably be easier to do.