External microphone adapter for purchase

Discussion in 'Mounts, Cases, Cables, Mics, Etc' started by Dwayne b, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwayne b

Dwayne b New Member

I am new to Sjcam . I purchased a sj6legend strictly because I seen it had external microphone port (I thought).
    Now I have received the camera from Amazon and I love it . I already own a MKE400 microphone which I obviously overkill for this camera but I don't want to invest in a lower quality microphone that's strictly for this 1 camera . So my question is has anyone found an actual adapter that shuts the internal microphone off and allows me to plug in a 3.5mm mic. If yes please link where I can purchase that little piece of audio joy.
    Or if anyone is really good at soldering and can make me the necessary adapter I would also be happy to pay for time shipping and materials I am just not all that great with any soldering work never mind the type that requires 4 microscopic welds in an area I can barely plug in never mind see on my best day .
    Any other suggestions I am open too trying really wanna get this combination up and running asap I had some ideas for filming over the holidays so any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

Unfortunately there isn't an adapter for 2.5mm commercially available. The only options there are are to purchase a SJCAM external mic or to build our own (not easy if like me you lack the technical skill)t this combination up

Or you could buy the official mic, lop off the mic and solder on a 3.5mm plug and socket - not as fine to solder as the micro usb plug.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.