Cannot read image directly from camera to television screen

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Whitspider, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Whitspider

Whitspider New Member

Hello to all,

Does anybody knows if it is possible to transfer/read the registred videos from my sjcam legend 6 to my television screen with a HDMI - mini HDMI cable?
    I tried but i get only the image of my sjcam on my television screen (like a webcam).
    Many thanks in advance
    WS

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

HDMI doesn't transfer files. You can play the video/look at the photo on the camera and it will display on the TV - but it will only do 1080p30 not 4k so 4k video will be scaled down to 1080

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

You should just switch to playback mode. And then you can watch your videos from the TV screen over hdmi cable.
    Unfortunately the camera automatically switches to recording mode after the camera is connected with the TV. You must switch to playback mode after the output stream from the camera is transferred to the TV screen.

4. Whitspider

Whitspider New Member

Hello to all and thanks for your reply.
    The problem is that as soon as I connect my HDMI cable to the TV screen, the screen of my SJCAM gets black and i cannot handle any screen button, but the camera is working as a webcam.
    Only with the buttons at the side of the SJCAM i can choose if i want to record or make pictures but cannot get in any other menu.
    Maybe the camera is deffect, or my cable?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Txs in advance,
    WS

5. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

If the Playback Mode is accessible only by using the touchscreen, and the touchscreen is switched off automatically as soon as the output is redirected to tv screen, then there is some serious bug in the design of the User Interface.

6. Whitspider

Whitspider New Member

Many txs for your reply, that means that there is a bug in the design of the User Interface? Or happens this only with my camera (defect)?
    Would be great if anybody can try with the same SJCAM legend 6 and tell me if it works or not?
    Txs WS

7. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

This is not a defect of one specific camera. It seems to be general UI problem, accompanying migration from button driven UI to touch screen UI. Usual thing - the manufacturer forgot to test some functions and use cases, and users have bought a gadget with a crippled functionality.

8. Whitspider

Whitspider New Member

Ok, thanks for your reply, i will have to transfer the video files to my laptop and watch them on it.
    WS