Camera stops recording

Discussion in 'SJ5000 Series' started by Miguel Angel Granados Fagundo, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Miguel Angel Granados Fagundo

Miguel Angel Granados Fagundo New Member

Hello all,
    Please, excuse my english, it's not my first language. The reason I'm posting is because I'm having problems recording with my SJ5000. I have a 64 GB card in it, I normally use my cam just on my hollidays. When I start my hollidays, there are no problem and I'm recording everything I want but, there is a moment, when I have recorded about 105 Gb, my sam stops recording. I men, I press de record button and the red light starts flashin but when it is 6 seconds recording, the red light stops in red and none of the buttoms of the cam respond, and then, after one minute more or less, they respond but the only thing I can do is to stop the cam and, of curse, that video is not saved. Even if i check the "reprodution" box, it says there are no files. I have to turn off the cam and then turn it on again and then I can see the videos I recorded before, but not the last one, not the one that gave me problems.
    So I have a 64 Gb card but I just can record 1.5 - 2 gb.
    Dis anyone have this problem too?
    Thanks a lot.

2. Miguel Angel Granados Fagundo

Rereading my ost I found a mistake. I wanted to say that "when I have recorded 1.5 GB, my cam stops recording"

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

It would be nice, if you specify your FW version.
    Besides, it is normal, that the camera splits long records into ca 2 GB junks. It is not normal, if it does not let you to record video if there is enough free space on the memory card.
    Possible cause is bad memory card. You may try to reformat it or even check it with some utility. Try another card, if possible. You may also try to reduce video resolution or bitrate (quality), to see, if the problem persists in those settings too or not.

If you have old FW, then update may solve the problem.

Damian Holt likes this.
  4. Damian Holt

Damian Holt Moderator

Retail manager
    Have you tested your card, could be a fake and not really 64gb?

5. Miguel Angel Granados Fagundo

Hello all,

Thanks for your answers. I upgraded the software of the camera and formated again the card. This time I formated it with the cam, not with my comp. I will be checking for a while. I'll let you know.