Bricked SJ7 Star

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by mnemonic, Jan 6, 2018.

1. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Please let us know how the return process goes or if you decide to try another product.

2. Ian

Ian New Member

I get the feeling if you were in my position Richard you would be returning this camera? I’m seriously considering it as I see no end of potential issues. The Yi 4k being my probable destination at this time.

3. mnemonic

mnemonic New Member

Actually, this is my second SJ7. I bought the first one at Bangood, but the WiFi module was broken so I sent it back and recovered my money (after a few months, it was hard, so by a PayPal complaint). This is my second SJ7 - the quality as you can see is not so good or I have bad luck. I bought this one at GearBest and I have one year warranty. They told me to send it back. Also, guys from SJCAM assured me that I could also send a camera to them and fix it for a small fee. I think it's a good camera, but some quality could be better. I'm seriously considering buying Yi 4+ I do not want to do black PR but maybe I will give SJCAM some chances a little bit later..

@RBEmerson: yes, +6 hours :)

4. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

My first SJ7 was DOA. Somewhere in here you'll find my rants on the matter. I was up against the wall, with the Alps (oh, cheese and crackers, that again). The Prism was a non-starter and the SJ7, at the point, was well under GoPro but still looked very promising. After a bit of a thrash with Amazon, I got things sorted out. Because of the time crunch, I bought another SJ7 (glutton for punishment, I guess). I still had problems which, mercifully, V1.15 put right. So, yes, I do know about DOA cameras.

You're on try #2. If you were dealing with a bricks and mortar store, you could walk in, engage in gratuitous violence to make your point, test the new camera by filming the clerk dripping blood, and go on your merry way. Since you opted for two sources I don't trust any further than I can throw them, IMHO you're SOL -Outta Luck. Move on unless you want to roll the dice one more time. If you're not up against the clock, try the fix-it option (small fee??? WTF is that about??? It's a warranty issue!!!). Either way, no blame attaches. Let us know how it goes. [/smile]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018