Blurring in images

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by RBEmerson, Apr 16, 2018.

1. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Hi, this is Chirag from India. I have opened a ticket for left side blurr in videos shot by my sj7star (at any resolution). Ticket support staff gave me 1.15 version. So I downgraded from 1.21 to 1.15. Still the issue persists. I am attaching a image for reference. I have already given image and video links to support staff

If you see <comparo.png> image, the text/vehicle to the left side of video is blurry, whereas its clear on right side.

Similarly if you see <left issues.png> file, the objects on left side are not clear compared to objects on right side

Also, today i couldnt view videos on the camera, it was showing blank. Although they were available on the memory card.

Twice today, all the keys stopped responding. Had to remove the battery to restart the camera

Comparo
    [​IMG]

Left-issues
    [​IMG]

2. RBEmerson

@chirag I moved your question so more people can see your question and pictures.

My guess is the sensor or lens has shifted just enough to put part of the image slightly out of focus. Or... was the camera in a case? If so, please try the camera in the open frame carrier. Possibly the lens port is causing a problem. Probably not, but better to test than not.

I've found V1.15 to be quite reliable. I'm surprised you had a "pull the battery" crash. If the camera was in a case, it might have overheated and crashed the camera.

3. chirag

chirag New Member

Hi,

I have tried both with waterproof case and open frame. Both have same results. The images I posted above are with open frame carrier.

4. RBEmerson

OK, that pretty much leaves the cause a problem with the lens or sensor location. It's a warranty problem. Best of luck!

5. chirag

chirag New Member

So in short it's time to sell it. Since gearbest are too slow in terms of replacement and in India sjcam wont provide any support.

6. RBEmerson

Have you tried opening a support ticket with SJCam? I think your sample pictures show the problem well enough to make your case that the camera is defective. I'm not in India, so I don't know how things with SJCam-India work, but have they said "you're on your own"?

Of course you can continue to press Gearbest. Since the camera has focus problems, I'm not sure how sell-able it is.

I understand how frustrating this situation is. It looks as though there's no good answer.

7. chirag

chirag New Member

Like I had stated, I had opened a ticket approximately 4 days back. Since then the only thing useful that sjcam support staff said was to downgrade from 1.21 to 1.15 and confirm. I confirmed with the same images that I have posted here.

Today I got a reply on the ticket to ship the camera to sjcam china and I will be required to pay for shipment from India to china (~15-20$)and back from china to india ($15) as stated by sjcam support. Same issue was raised by me with gearbest and they had a similar reply.

I mean, selling stuff which is faulty which has already costed me customs duty & shipping and then asking me to bear the to and fro shipping charges for getting a faulty manufactured part replaced/repaired is not acceptable.

So rather than fighting with them, I better stop the search for a proper solution. This was my second camera from sjcam, and I will make sure I dont recommend it to anyone in future.

8. RBEmerson

Basically you're taking at least a $35 hit on a IIRC $199 list camera. Gearbest is obviously well below that. So, yes, that's a sizable hit.

I understand you're feeling "once bitten, twice shy" about SJCam. The decision is whether you want an SJ7 enough to pay shipping and customs or not. It looks as though you don't want to. and you're unhappy with SJCam. And if some says, "the SJ7 looks good and Gearbest has a good price.", you'll tell them what happened to you. No blame attaches.

Too bad things ended up this way. Both SJCam and Gearbest should have at least paid for return shipping (customs excluded).

9. chirag

chirag New Member

True. I was expecting that as it's definitely a manufacturing fault, atleast sjcam should have helped me in this case without shipping charges. And afaik, for an item which is repaired/replaced under warranty no customs duty is applicable.

If it would have been an issue for which I would have been responsible, then I would have definitely paid the shipping without any questions. But sadly the OEM of sj7 isn't helpful enough, so let be it.

Thank you for allowing me to open a new thread.

10. RBEmerson

I agree with your comments. I had a Sena Prism camera that literally started to fall apart. I had to ship it to California from the US East Coast, but at least the replacement returned at no cost.

If SJCam can't see their way clear to sorting out a warranty problem, that's like no warranty. Unless the SJ7 is "this camera and no other" (which, for you, it's not), there's your decision for you. All that's left is to "vote with your feet" - go somewhere else for a camera.

No big deal on the thread. [/ smile ]

Best of luck. Feel to tell us what you bought and how it works out for you.