...and the reason has a name...sj9

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by Manolis, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Manolis

Manolis New Member

Now it makes a sense why no one (except troy) from sjcam is not answering all our requests.
    Why the bitrates are not getting better with the new firmware's...
    Why the "minor" bus are not solved...
    Why our tickets are stack in the queue...

SJ9 is coming, so all the effort is on this product, I suppose most of the known issues of sj8 will be resolved there.
    They will share the same HW as it looks like so they will have the same potentials, but sj9 will be more gopro like (waterprooof)

the only hope, except from god, we have is that new sj9 firmware will inherit some of the development also to sj8...
    until then...only 3rd party firmware will do the job.

I am sure that none official will reply on this :)

Also even if I am owner of 2 sjcams in the past, tell me a reason to be of a 3rd one also?

2. Michael Dittrich

Michael Dittrich Member

Home Page:
    Because the support at SJCAM is so bad this was my last device from them. I also own two actioncams from them but the next will be from a different brand. As far as my experience is the support is good for all products or for non. After more than a year they can still not offer a working RAW converter for the SJ8 Pro!

3. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    that`s why I sold my 6 legend...I found some footage on YT with extraodirany picture...waaaay better than mine 6 legend...check it out:

so it is more than obvious that different product series have a different quality. This sould NOT be the case.

now I purchase gopro hero 7. can`t be that bad.

4. RelakS

RelakS New Member

Don't tell me :D
    I have an M10, which were as good as it is. Still a nice cam, but the age can be seen on its recordings.
    I have an SJ7 star also: while I don't remember any issue with the UI, the camera freezes randomly, after the freeze it forgets the time, the mounts are some proprietary design, and the mini USB is just a plain joke. Also, it inflated all of its batteries, so now it is very hard to get any of them out. I don't even use it for a very long time now.

I bought a Yi 4K+, but I don't really like how it handles the loop recording, so I may take a look on the SJ9, but after the SJ7 I am not so sure in it.